The top five social media trends for 2018.
5. Ephemeral Content will be dominating social media. Ephemeral content is content that is short-lived, typically expiring in 24 hrs like that of Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook stories. Viewed as more authentic by viewers than long living content or branded and sponsored posts.
4. Video will continue to grow as it has for the past couple years. They have been shown to promote higher interactions, likes, retweets, shares, etc. – integrating video content into social strategies and tying it into all written content will be pivotal in 2018.
3. Influencers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. In 2018 expect to see more brands embracing influencers and in doing so finding more authentic ways to connect with current and new audiences.
2. Live streaming will continue to dominate social media for an array of brands from news networks to fashion designers. This will begin to be a more integral part of social media strategies for smaller and medium-sized brands, who can share unique content to build and grow their audiences.
1. Regulations: We are also likely to see a change in the way that social media platforms are managed. There is still a need to more successfully regulate inappropriate content – and the Russian bots that have promoted rhetoric across social platforms have boosted this need. We may see changes to social media agreements and how our content is viewed and approved.